HOW YOU CAN APPLY.
November 12, 2019
For immediate release-
From Dan Ridenour, Muncie Mayor Elect
The Ridenour administration which takes over in 2020, is and will remain focused on creating a change in the culture of our city government. The citizens of Muncie will be viewed as priority one. We will strive to become a service organization that benefits all the citizens of Muncie, not just a few. We will respond to our citizens in a timely and effective manner, and will always do so in a way that respects our residents. The Ridenour administration will not tolerate adjusting the rules or special treatment for any city employee. Most importantly, we will not allow fraud by city employees in any way, shape or form. As a method to accomplish these goals I would like to introduce two key Ridenour Transition members. All applications for full-time employment or board appointments will be funneled through these two individuals to assure compliance and consistency.
First of all, let me introduce David Smith. David is a retired Indiana State Police officer with a specialty in investigating municipal fraud cases. He was also the key quality and fraud officer for the BMV appointed by the Governor. David will have a role in the Ridenour administration beginning in January in a yet to be determined position. In the meantime, David will help lead with the transition team.
Secondly, please meet Nancy Larson. Nancy has her BS in Management from Indiana Wesleyan University with coursework in Human Resources Management. She worked many years in Delaware County government including being the Human Resources Director. She is Lean Six Sigma certified and has her PHR Designation. It is my intention for her to serve as the City of Muncie HR Director beginning 1/1/20. During November and December, Nancy will help lead the transition team.
The interview process for positions will be as follows:
Applicants should submit a resume listing their preferred positions to:
Email submission of applications is our preferred method however resumes can be brought to the transition office at 125 E Charles Street, Suite 202 and dropped off in person. Due to limited staffing, if our office is closed please leave the resume in an envelope under the door.
For qualified applicants, you will be contacted for an initial interview.
Following the initial interview, if warranted and qualified, we will contact you for a second interview with Dan Ridenour, Muncie Mayor Elect.
The following positions are available for full-time appointed leadership roles beginning on or after 1/1/20:
Animal Control Director
Community Development Director
Economic Development (MRC)
Street Department Superintendent
Public Access (TV Broadcasts)
Mayor’s Administrative Assistant
The following board and commission positions (unpaid) are also available for appointment by the Mayor Elect with other positions to be added later:
Board of Works
Muncie Sanitary District
Muncie Redevelopment Commission
Police Merit Commission
Fire Merit Commission
Visitor Bureau Board
The following are job openings in the City of Muncie. Please follow the application process for applying.
WHAT WE DO.
In every area of my administration we will constantly seek out input from our community, because best results occur when there is collaboration from the many instead of a few. We will be honest, always. We will be open, always. We will seek input, always. Eventually, the citizens of Muncie will learn to trust again because our actions will match our words.
- Creating an honest and open City administration that shares information to everyone regardless of politics.
- Focusing on improving our streets, parks and infrastructure as one of the ways to encourage more people to Move to Muncie.
- Working with law enforcement and neighborhoods to seek methods to improve the drug challenges and then taking action on those methods.
- Creating city government that understands businesses look at the education opportunities within each competing community for the education of their children.
In addition to his experience on the Muncie City Council, Dan has a 34+ years of management and finance experience including being an officer with three different publicly traded companies. He is currently an AVP, Regional Retail Lending Manager at Muncie based MutualBank. His duties include directing the lending activities of the Central Region which includes thirteen financial centers in five counties. Outside of work, Dan enjoys spending time with his family. Dan and his wife, Sherry, have four children and three grandchildren.
Dan also is a very active community volunteer for Muncie and Delaware County.
- Homesavers of Delaware County (Past Treasurer and current Board Member),
- Cancer Services of ECI- Little Red Door (Past Chairman and Finance Chair),
- Cardinal Greenway (current Board Member and Property Management Committee),
- Muncie Rotary (Current member, Past Board Member and Past Treasurer),
- Teamwork for Quality Living (Past member of the Guiding Coalition),
- East Central Indiana Builders Association (Current member, Current PAC chair),
- Muncie Community Schools (Three year volunteer for Kickoff to Kindergarten),
- Whitely Neighborhood (Current special committee member),
- March of Dimes – Walk for Babies (ECI Event Chair 2015),
- Muncie-Delaware County Convention and Visitors Bureau (Past Board Member),
- Mid-Eastern Indiana Realtors Association (Member)