WHAT WE DO.
In every area of my administration we will constantly seek out input from our community, because best results occur when there is collaboration from the many instead of a few. We will be honest, always. We will be open, always. We will seek input, always. Eventually, the citizens of Muncie will learn to trust again because our actions will match our words.
- Creating an honest and open City administration that shares information to everyone regardless of politics.
- Focusing on improving our streets, parks and infrastructure as one of the ways to encourage more people to Move to Muncie.
- Working with law enforcement and neighborhoods to seek methods to improve the drug challenges and then taking action on those methods.
- Creating city government that understands businesses look at the education opportunities within each competing community for the education of their children.
In addition to his experience on the Muncie City Council, Dan has a 34+ years of management and finance experience including being an officer with three different publicly traded companies. He is currently an AVP, Regional Retail Lending Manager at Muncie based MutualBank. His duties include directing the lending activities of the Central Region which includes thirteen financial centers in five counties. Outside of work, Dan enjoys spending time with his family. Dan and his wife, Sherry, have four children and three grandchildren.
Dan also is a very active community volunteer for Muncie and Delaware County.
- Homesavers of Delaware County (Past Treasurer and current Board Member),
- Cancer Services of ECI- Little Red Door (Past Chairman and Finance Chair),
- Cardinal Greenway (current Board Member and Property Management Committee),
- Muncie Rotary (Current member, Past Board Member and Past Treasurer),
- Teamwork for Quality Living (Past member of the Guiding Coalition),
- East Central Indiana Builders Association (Current member, Current PAC chair),
- Muncie Community Schools (Three year volunteer for Kickoff to Kindergarten),
- Whitely Neighborhood (Current special committee member),
- March of Dimes – Walk for Babies (ECI Event Chair 2015),
- Muncie-Delaware County Convention and Visitors Bureau (Past Board Member),
- Mid-Eastern Indiana Realtors Association (Member)